Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Little Update

If  you follow along on a regular basis, you will notice I have been quite absent over the past week.

Let's just say I HATE that. I've had some crappy things happen over the past week... Ah hem... I was laid off after three months of accepting a job and moving to Denver FOR the job along with about 150+ other people. Needless to say, if I didn't say it already, I was in pharma sales.  It was my first attempt and I really do think I was doing a pretty damn good job.... but as luck would have it, apparently this job wasn't for me.

20/20 hindsight, maybe there are better things out there for me?  I hate NOT having a job, and not having a purpose right now because I have worked/ran since I was 15 and here I am at 26 and no job in a new city.  I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise.  It's the holidays and this company can suck it for doing lay offs during the holidays, but I am just going to have to find something that much better!

That information aside, I was so lucky to have my mom come into town the night I was laid off. We had this trip planned for a couple of months and as luck would have it, it worked out perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend and a better time for her to come visit me in my new home.  I'm so blessed to have her in my life and to be there when I need her.

Just to kick things into full gear with mi madre... I had to take her to Canvas and Cocktails.  I had so much fun the last time I went with Teale,  I had to show off this fun new place when my mom came to visit.  Needless to say, Teale joined us because she is now my C&C friend.


Teale, Me, My Mom



What's with my mom being the best artist here! Teale and I have had practice!!!


1 comment:

  1. We are in the SAME boat, I'm job searching too! I hate it, but I too, am considering it a blessing in disguise :) Good Luck on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know what you think!