Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I See, You See.

Let's pretend today is Tuesday shall we?  Let's also pretend that I didn't' say the theme was food for today.  At my going away party last week Meggy and I were throwing ideas back and forth for this week's ISUS and I completely forgot we changed it from food to....

BITTERSWEET


Obviously my head needed a couple extra days to clear things up before I started to post again don't you think?

Any who, I have the perfect example of bittersweet in my opinion.  Of course it is related to the fact I just made one of the biggest life changes to date.  On my last night in Kansas City, some friends, Walt and I went to dinner.  They surprised Walt and I with something very sweet, but also bitter since it was just a reminder that we really were moving and weren't going to see all our good friends as often. Would you believe when I lifted it up to take another picture after this the cake completely fell off the the plate onto the table.. yep that is bittersweet too :)


As for Meggy, she had a clever bittersweet picture this week too!


Ooops, this long weekend made Tuesday a hard one!  It came and went and I missed getting my photo ready for our weekly I See, You See.  Apologies!  But better late than never, my bittersweet moment this week: the weather.  Love fall so much.  It's my favorite because the comfortable temperatures, clothing options, layers, jackets, fresh air, being able to be outside, I could go on... but the falling temps also scare me!  That means winter is closer.  Terrible snow storms, ice, freezing snot under my nose when I try to go outside, you know - the usual.  Winter I do not like.  So fall, I love you, but you are bittersweet to me.



2 comments:

  1. I love Autumn! I can wear my furs and mittens and drink cocoa all day long without heating up too much. You have a sweet blog, you seem so natural and lovely

    hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move, and I'll be looking forward to the posts when you get settled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know what you think!