Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mine All Mine!

So today I have a SPECIAL post!

It's not me behind the camera it's me in FRONT of the camera.  Reason for this is that I got a new car! Well a used one, but new to me! My hunk-a-junk 2001 4Runner with 120K miles on it decided it was time to let go and move on... but not without having over $3K in problems... I IMMEDIATELY decided that it was a horrid idea to keep investing in a car that was inevitably going to die on me, so... I got a new one.

For this being the biggest purchase of my entire life (to date), I feel like it was pretty painless and quick.  I decided on Sunday after having my 4Runner looked at that I was maybe going to have to get a new car.  I looked online with Walt all night Sunday night and decided I wanted to look at the Nissan Murano and Ford Edge. After reading Consumer Reports the Murano got great reviews and I have only heard fantastic things about Nissans.

I have never noticed either of these cars when driving around, but of course because I was looking to buy I noticed them every where, mainly the Edge! I decided it was a little bigger than I wanted so went and test drove the Murano Monday night, negotiated the guy down by $1,000!!! Then I looked online again on Monday to make sure there wasn't a better deal out there (I'm a stickler for getting my money's worth).  I decided I'd at least go see what they would pay me for MY car (with thousands of dollars of problems) before making any rash decisions considering this was the ONLY place I went and the only car I test drove. They said they would give me $5,500... Walt and my jaws dropped! Were they kidding? This piece of crap for $5,500... SOLD! In the meantime I got them down another $800... so total $1,800 in negotiations.  I would say that I am a pretty good negotiator wouldn't you?!?

Drumroll please.... here she is!!!



Don't you just love her! Still thinking of names for my new pride and joy...

Thanks to Meggy for taking my pictures today!

Follow Me on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. congratulations girl!!!

    sounds like you made a really good, educated decision.

    Buying my car is the biggest regret of my life thus far.. it is brand new... and has just about everything on it.... and I didn't have a good full time job at the time... nor do I now...

    wow can you tell how much I regret that decision?!

    I am so impressed with your savvy!

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove one of those for a rental. Very nice. Congrats! Sounds like you got a killer deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a good deal. I leased a brand new black Nissan pathfinder for a few years after college and loved it! Enjoy your new ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I just got a new Kia 2011 Optima (the new body style) in March and was SOOOO excited. It was my first new car. My old Camry had 200k miles on it. Enjoy it :) Congrats. Cute dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new car. Time for a joy ride now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know what you think!