Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Habitat for Humanity

This week several members of our company volunteered for Habitat for Humanity. I'm sure majority of people know what that is.  But to refresh your memory.  This nonprofit is executed primarily by volunteers. There aren't many "paid" employees.  They get a group of volunteers, whether it be companies,  families, church groups, a random volunteer from here or there and build a house for a family in need.

I've done this volunteer project several times, and really do enjoy it. This time around we were actually the first group of volunteers on this project and so primarily worked on flooring (well the men did), while the women worked on removing boulders (well large rocks) from around the house. I'm STILL sore from lifting rocks all day!

To keep this short and sweet I'll jump right into some candid shots from the site.  You may notice that our good friend Megan was out there with me too!





Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. what a great event for your company to organize! looks like you guys had a fun time

    cute blog - i'm follower 101!

    cheers!
    cailen
    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lulu, thanks 4 dropping by my blog.

    Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful organization, how great you got to work with them.

    I like how you chose black & white for these photos.

    Bella Vida by Letty
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know what you think!